Dr. Ileana Berman has maintained membership in the American Board of Neurology (ABPN) since 1991. Berman outlines what the ABPN, as well as its certified members, stand for:
- A focus on establishing the field standard, and accompanying requirements, for what constitutes the issuing of initial or continuing certification.
- Support of innovative academic and cognitive science research efforts, as applicable to neurology.
- A commitment to lifelong learning and adaptability.
- Communication and collaboration with programs, organizations and the general public in a way that benefits cognitive science and care for all.
- Effective and efficient operation of internal and external programs, research efforts, care initiatives and services.
Throughout her career as a Cognitive Science Researcher in the United States, Dr. Ileana Berman has worked diligently to uphold and adhere to the ABPN mission statements.